St Marys ‘Pledge2Pray’ between the 25th May & the 4thJune
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement, which invites Christians around the world to pray between Ascension and Pentecost for more people to come to know Jesus Christ. What started out as an invitation from the Archbishops’ of Canterbury and York in 2016 to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
The hope is that:
- people will commit to pray with God’s world-wide family – as a church, individually or as a family;
- churches will hold prayer events, such as 24-7 prayer, prayer stations and prayer walks, across the UK and in other parts of the world;
- people will be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit, finding new confidence to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses …to the ends of the earth. When he had said this…he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight…Then they returned to Jerusalem … and were constantly devoting themselves to prayer…
When the day of Pentecost had come they were all together in one place… All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit… and that day about three thousand persons were added.” Acts 1,2
“In praying ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ we all commit to playing our part in the renewal of the nations and the transformation of communities.”
Archbishop Justin Welby
Website Links :
St Marys Nantwich has signed to Pledge2Pray in the following ways:
- Prayer Stations in the Church for guided prayer between the 25th May & 4th June
- Prayer Workshops on the 25th 2pm in the Church & 8pm in the Rectory
- 24 hours of Prayer on the 25th May, guided prayer sheet available when you sign up for an hour
- Praying the Streets of Nantwich between the 25th May & the 4th June, guided prayer sheets available
- Focus of all Home Groups to be on Prayer during this week.
- Joining in the Service of Celebration & Praise at the Cathedral on the evening of the 4th June (tickets required for this event)
For further information contact the Rector, Barry Wilson or the Pastoral Care Co-ordinator Vanessa Layfield.
"Know God, Show His Love, Grow His Church."