Over the years, going back as far as 1681, St Mary’s Church became responsible for administering a number of bequests. As time passed the purposes of the bequests became increasingly difficult or even impossible to fulfil.
In 2007 nine of these charitable bequests were merged into a single charity, Nantwich Churchwardens’ Merged Charity (NCMC) and the combined funds invested. The new charity is administered by 9 trustees who are nominated by St Mary’s Church PCC and Nantwich Town Council. The charity’s deed states its purpose to be:
“to use its income for the relief of persons resident in the administrative area of Nantwich Town Council who are in need, hardship or distress”
The majority of the charity’s income is given to local organisations who have the infrastructure to administer the use of such grants in accordance with the stated purpose. The NCMC also has the ability to make grants to individuals where this is considered appropriate.
Individuals can also request help from the charity and in the first instance should contact the Rector.
The charity can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com
or by letter addressed to
The NCMC, c/o The Rectory, Church Lane, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5RQ