Pastoral & Practical Support

St. Mary’s people will support anyone who asks for help, or guide them to where help may be found.

We can offer:

  • Home or hospital visits
  • Regular social contact by e-mail and telephone
  • Listening and emotional support
  • Spiritual support through shared or individual Prayers and Bible Study
  • Deliveries of pre-paid goods and medicines (no cash)
  • Raising donations to supply and deliver small essential items

Please contact us for yourself or give these details to people you know:

To give your contact details or make specific requests:

Parish Office:
Phone: 01270 625268

To have a chat about things:

Time to Talk:
Phone: 07931 273674

For detailed information about Crewe & Nantwich community support, including useful phone numbers, health advice, food & shopping advice, how to volunteer, etc. see here.

The Nantwich Churchwardens’ Merged Charity‘s purpose is “to use its income for the relief of persons resident in the administrative area of Nantwich Town Council who are in need, hardship or distress” The majority of the charity’s income is given to local organisations who have the infrastructure to administer the use of such grants in accordance with the stated purpose. The NCMC also has the ability to make grants to individuals where this is considered appropriate.

There is a new NHS Mental Health Crisis Line open to provide access to Mental Health 24 hour Support run by NHS CWP Trust staff. This telephone line is for anyone who may need support in and across Wirral, Cheshire West and Cheshire East. Anyone can call and talk to dedicated Mental Health Professional, including children, young people to all adult age groups 24/7. The number is 0300 303 3972.

Citizens Advice Cheshire East have suspended face-to-face advice services across all sites and services for the foreseeable future due to the coronavirus outbreak. However they are still open and ready to deliver information and advice in other ways:
· Citizens Advice Cheshire East are delivering advice by email and phone, if you have an issue you’d like help with direct, complete this form and we will be in touch.
· General advice will be given via national Adviceline which people can reach by calling 03444 111 444. This is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
· People can chat online to an adviser by visiting the Citizens Advice website at
· People looking for advice on consumer issues (e.g. issues related to products or services you’ve purchased) can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 or chat online to an advisor on our website.
· Anyone seeking to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444.

Coronavirus Assessment Service – Church View Primary Care Centre, Nantwich
See here for the press statement

Domestic Abuse
See here for information on where and how to report domestic abuse and to get help.